March 30, 2020

ARTIST SPOTLIGHT ⭐️ Shadi G - Wrong Kind



radioairplay.com independent new music



Shadi G - Wrong Kind
R&B, Soul, Pop
Sweden




Just like my other songs, Wrong Kind was produced, written and performed by me. It was recorded and produced in my bedroom, and released by a record label that I started. The song touches upon the matter of being in a relationship where the other person thinks they know what you need, and has a lot to say about it. It's about the power of listening to yourself and knowing exactly what it is you need. And the freedom that comes when you get it. 

Shadi G is a Swedish songwriter, producer and singer whose soulful voice and unique RnB/Soul sound is striking the attention of some of Sweden's biggest music magazines.
Being schooled in classical music from a young age, growing up with music all from jazz, RnB, soul, hip hop to Persian music, where she has her roots, Shadi is crossing borders with her own soulful sound, both in style and language.
Straight after high school she went off to London to learn music production and in 2016 she released her debut single “Lost”, which got her on to some of Swedens biggest playlists. In 2017 she started her own record label, Goldamin Records, from which the second single “Where We Go”, was released. From the label followed her first EP "No Fear" and singles “Disconnection” and “Mind”. 

A new artist but already carving out a clear space in her field, and as stated by Soundlooks Magazine - “Discussions are quietly surfacing about whether Shadi G may become an important face of contemporary R&B”.


Can you describe your sound in one ramble-on sentence?
Smooth R&B/soul with heartfelt lyrics and the most velvety, soft vocals.

What's your earliest music-related memory growing up?
From a very young age I started singing in our cities most renowned choir. There I was schooled in classical music and got the disciplin from a very young age. And I remember how powerful it felt being in the midst of the magical sound that was created when so many people's voices was merged together. And how cool it felt to be a part of that.

Do you write/compose your own songs? Briefly describe your songwriting process.
Yes. I produce, write and perform my own songs.  The process of making the music can be quite different. But it can start with me sitting in front of the piano and feeling out different melodies. I have a lot of lyrics and different small sentences that I write down on all different places, my phone, small paper notes etc. So I start playing on the piano and start merging melody and text together. And the story can be different, depending on what i have inside and what I need to ventilate at that time. Then I take it to the computer and start to make a production for it, trying out different sounds and feels for it. Then I record vocals, and play around a lot with backing vocals!  

Does anything in particular inspire you to write? What get's your creative juices flowing?
Relationships, the one between you and someone you love, between two other people, the one to yourself.

What do you like more: Performing live or recording in the studio?
Up until now it has been recording in the studio. I haven't really performed a lot because I have mostly been writing music and producing. I think I have been trying to keep myself in the background and not be much up on the stage. But the more I do it, the more I love. To also tell the story of your music live to the audience.

Any embarrassing on stage moments you'd like to share? C’mon, don’t be shy!
Just an overall stage-fright that has been not pretty at times haha!

What has been a highlight for you in the past year? (Either personally or for your music career.)
When the music I have written and created myself was listed as one of the best songs of that year, by one of Sweden's biggest music magazine. That felt so amazing and huge.

If you were to cover another band/artist's song/record, which would you pick and why?
Probably SiR's John Redcorn!

What are some artists/bands that you're into at the moment? Or any particular song you find yourself listening to over and over?
6lack! I find his voice and music so melodic and lyrics amazing. Also Little Simz, Snoh Alegra, H.E.R. and Daniel Caesar to name a few.

What do you enjoy doing outside of music? Does your hobby rejuvenate your creativity?
Being in nature, doing yoga, cooking, baking, dinners with friends! Yes, I think it's powerful to have different interests and passions that gives you bliss and energy. And they also create a good balance between the different interests.

What's one thing people should know about you?
I need a lot of alone time. But then I can be social and around people again! :)  


If you had one message to give to your fans, what would it be?
If you have love for something, a passion that you want to go for, just go get it!


https://www.instagram.com/shadigolchin

https://open.spotify.com/artist/2vi2Nl9GZnMiCFxdlLT98D?si=RD2fvWmoQdemyiCOfvG41A

https://www.facebook.com/ShadigOfficial

https://www.shadi-g.com