April 6, 2020

ARTIST SPOTLIGHT ⭐️ Harvest Falls - Brand New Day



radioairplay.com independent new music



Harvest Falls - Brand New Day
Alt. Metal/Hard Rock
NJ, United States





Ronnie Cinnella - Vocal
Anthony Gomes - Guitars
Marc Burnuy - Guitars
stv pack - Bass, vocals
Cameron Simione - Percussion

Harvest Falls is a band that is inspired by passion, energy, nostalgia and the unpredictable. Every song and every lyric is kindled by true life events that share a common universal emotion. We are your story, we are you, we are Harvest Falls.

After the breakup of their original band Nuclear Harvest, founding members guitarist Anthony Gomes and Marc Burnuy continued writing and recording demos. With a different approach from their prior band, their new material consisted more on the emotion of the music rather than just writing Radio focused songs. Through friends, local shows and social media they met singer Ron Cinnella. Bassist stv pack and drummer Cameron Simione are the final pieces to the machine that is Harvest Falls.

Musically, the band fuses modern hard rock with metal and other diverse elements to deliver hard aggressive riffs yet radio accessible featuring rich melodic vocals. Harvest Falls has no set style, nor do they label themselves as just a Metal band. They consider themselves as a high energy Rock and Roll band.

The band has a new studio single called "Brand New Day" being released worldwide April 3, 2020 and launched a new website www.harvestfallsband.com and a new merch site at www.bonfire.com/store/harvestfalls.

Video premiere link for the new studio single, Brand New Day, released worldwide on 4.3.20.



How are you impacted as a musician during this time?
Write, write, write.   Everyone in the band has Zoom/JamKazam so we can be face to face if needed.  But I am using the time to record snippets and jot poetry, whatever and wherever.   It could be a creative boon if you dedicate some time to it.  Recommend just trying different things you wouldn't normally do:   dream journal, write a chorus first if you write verses normally, try different effects, write at different times of day, offer up burnt offerings to your muse of choice.  Maybe not so much that last one.



Can you describe your sound in one ramble-on sentence?
One giant singalong stadium chorus shoved straigh up your....what is the audience for this, again???   Mix the best of Filter, STP, Sevendust, Nothing More, and other metal greats and add a bunch of strong onstage personalities and you get Harvest Falls.   And a headache from trying to decipher what I just said.

What's your earliest music-related memory growing up?
Putting on Kiss makeup and putting on a concert on my bed.   I was Gene Simmons, of course.  I have to assume that's why I play bass today, due to the fact that that concert was sold out, and I went to sleep on a pile of money and what appeared to be naked females.   I believe I may have been dreaming, though.  

Do you write/compose your own songs? Briefly describe your songwriting process.
We as a band all write.   It works best when we are all in the rehearsal space together, but technology is great these days, we can put together a song without even seeing each other.  Drums are still a problem, as nothing beats live acoustic metal drums.   Its the double bass!   Anyway, we write our own music, and I personally as a bass player HATE being produced.   I have never EVER had a better take because a producer touches something we wrote.   Arrangements are one thing, musical takes are another.   There is no such things as "overplaying" in the metal world, after all.   Right?  Right.  

Does anything in particular inspire you to write? What get's your creative juices flowing?
Being in a band that gets along and are good friends make for an easy work environment.  Listening to music you love or something new that touches you is a great way to get the juices flowing.  Some good advice I got when I was just a whelp in the music business was this:  "if you hear a song you love, write one."   You can map out WHY you like something (structure, patterns, keys) and emulate it.   After all, hasn't everything been done before?   (answer:  It has not.)  

What do you like more: Performing live or recording in the studio?
The band will disagree with me but I am a live performer.    I love studio time, but I am a whirling dervish in a live environment.  Besides, where else can I wear my blood red contacts, a trench coat, dr martens, some bizarre shirt, with all the piercings in, and not get booted for being a nuisance?  Nothing better that swirling the hair around, to music YOU created....what a rush.  

Any embarrassing on stage moments you'd like to share? C’mon, don’t be shy!
I once was wearing Grandpa Pajamas on stage, and Kiss (again with the Kiss) Gene Simmons boot slippers (that look like his onstage boots with the dragon jaws...) and I slipped on some beer and sprained my knee.  Unable to rise (last song of the night) I just laid there so I put my legs straight out and stared at the ceiling.  By the end of the song, four other people were also laying on the ground in the same direction.  And then some girl was tickling me and said "I love you ticklish boy".  I AM ticklish.  Good times.

What has been a highlight for you in the past year? (Either personally or for your music career.)
I would say the release of our new single "Brand New Day" is the first song that really captures us as a group right.    It sounds like we do.   It feels like we do.  The chorus CRUSHES, and the hooks are undeniable.   It is the best song I have ever been involved in, I can say that without hyperbole.   I feel like this is the beginning of amazing things for us if we keep in this direction.  

If you were to cover another band/artist's song/record, which would you pick and why?
I love this question!  I have been kicking this around and here is my wish list:

1.  The Cure - The Walk   - this could be like our Orgy "blue Monday"
2.  Natasha Bedingfield - "Pocketful of Sunshine" - if we do this, it HAS to be like a Candlemass like dirge.   Too damn cheerful as it is.
3.  Stone Roses "I wanna be adored"  - one of the all time great shoegaze bands and something that has influenced me forever.  
4.  The Catherine Wheel - "Ursa Major Space Station"  - HOLY CRAP COULD YOU IMAGINE A METAL VERSION OF THIS???  another amazing shoegaze song from the 90's.  
What are some artists/bands that you're into at the moment? Or any particular song you find yourself listening to over and over? Nothing More is amazing, both live and on wax.  really REALLY love Beartooth and STARSET as well.  On the softer side, the new Morrissey record came out and he is doing some unexpected electronica stuff like "Jim Jim Falls" and "Bobby, Don't You Think They Know?" that is amazing.  

Beartooth reminds me of what we do.    Heavy heavy heavy then a killer hook.  

What do you enjoy doing outside of music? Does your hobby rejuvenate your creativity?
I write poetry (badly), sing (less badly) and collect records (but only of 90's shoegaze bands) and tshirts (same genre).  Some of my old band shirts sell for like $1000 on ebay (seriously).  

Really my hobby is music related, but if you held a gun to my head, reading would be right up there (and I hear its fundamental).  

What's one thing people should know about you?
As a band?  You are going to get your money's worth - I think we are the real deal.   Genuine, heartfelt emotion, and energy for days.  All about them choruses, people.

About me as a person - don't get too close.   I may smell purty, but I am one strange dude.  


If you had one message to give to your fans, what would it be?
We do this for one reason - to keep the fans that like us on Jango, our website and at shows happy.   We understand, no more so than now, that music is a gift and that it can be taken away.  It's a responsibility to give your best and we will always try to do that.  Also, please buy a tshirt so we can make more music for you!  IT HELPS!   In addition, I would like to point out helpfully that the sun is a mass of incandescent gas; a gigantic nuclear furnace; full of hydrogen and helium, at temperatures of millions of degrees.