March 25, 2020

ARTIST SPOTLIGHT ⭐️ Craig Ledford with The Band Of All Things - The Answer



radioairplay.com independent new music


Craig Ledford with The Band Of All Things - The Answer
Rock, Acoustic, Blues
TN, United States




Released first album under Grandfather Dragon in 1992. Released second under Alister Blak in 2000. After freelancing as a Bass player for some national artist, began With The Band Of All Things in 2010. More releases coming soon!



Tell us a little about this video: This was filmed in South East Kentucky. I lived in the house in the video at the time. Many of the scenes are childhood memories. I did not grow up there, my parents were from there. I moved there for a few years in adulthood. Many friends and family still do. I have relatives in those old graves in some scenes. That was my rooster too. His name was Cogburn, named after a John Wayne character.

Can you describe your sound in one ramble-on sentence?

Classic sound mixed with a modern presence, a mood and feeling of a quiet rage, with an underlying peace and wisdom.

What's your earliest music-related memory growing up?
Being the youngest of seven children, music of every genre passed my crib. But it was Aerosmith "Back in the Saddle" that made me say I want to play and write.

Do you write/compose your own songs? Briefly describe your songwriting process.
My process begins with a melody, be it a guitar riff or vocal line. I get the basic feel and write the rest according to the aggressiveness of the melody. I hone the idea on a home 8 track recorder, give that recording to the other musicians, then take it to a professional studio. I never keep any lyrics that takes me longer than twenty minutes to write.

Does anything in particular inspire you to write? What get's your creative juices flowing?
Sometimes a news story, but for the most part, it is life experiences. Either way, I always try to create a relatable experience for the listener.

What do you like more: Performing live or recording in the studio?
I really enjoy both.

Any embarrassing on stage moments you'd like to share? C’mon, don’t be shy!
Played an older club with bad ground wires. During a song, my lips touched the microphone. It was like getting punched by a Mac truck. It numbed my lips, I sounded like I just walked out of a dentist office for a couple of songs.

What has been a highlight for you in the past year? (Either personally or for your music career.)
The song "The Reckoning" was on a music video television show called "Nashville Next".

If you were to cover another band/artist's song/record, which would you pick and why?
Johnny Cash "I hung My Head". Songwriting excellence in my opinion.
What are some artists/bands that you're into at the moment? Or any particular song you find yourself listening to over and over? I'm currently into Ozzy Ozbourne's latest album "Ordinary Man". But Zakk Wylde solo stuff, and of course, Slayer is never far from my play button.

What do you enjoy doing outside of music? Does your hobby rejuvenate your creativity?
I experience a lot of paranormal things, so ghost hunting. I always watch the skies because of things I have seen up there. A passion for ancient history. The subjects work their way into songs sometimes.

What's one thing people should know about you?
I believe love should be the biggest part of human life.


If you had one message to give to your fans, what would it be?
Life is but a state of mind. If you control that, you have much more control of your existence. Pain is always inevitable, misery is by choice.