November 8, 2018

Artist Spotlight ★ Amanda Blankenship

Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, text
Meet inspirational singer/songwriter Amanda Blankenship. As one of the recent RadioAirplay.com song contest winners, her music is resonating not only with listeners on internet radio but with the staff here as well!  Amanda lives in Circleville, OH with her husband, Bob and two children, Noah and Madison and their spunky husky mix, Katona. Her desire is for others to step into the dreams and plans that God has put on their lives! She grew up loving music and singing in church with her mom. So it was always a part of her life and a passion that continues to express itself through her songwriting and singing. She is part of the leadership team for Brave Worship, based out of Nashville, TN. And she travels with NOW Women’s Ministry leading worship nights and conferences. 



Can you describe your sound in one ramble-on sentence? 
A sweet vocal with a powerful message

What's your earliest music-related memory growing up? 
Singing with my mom in church. She would play the piano and I would sing. I was always very nervous but still wanted to do it.

If you were to cover another band/artist's album, which would you pick and why? 
That's a hard question. I listen to a variety of music and if you asked me the same question tomorrow, I'd say something different..haha...but today, I'd say MOSAIC, their songs are powerful yet have space. I love that! You should check out their song, Tremble!

Do you write/compose your own songs? Briefly describe your songwriting process. 
Yes, I write my own music. I've been songwriting for about 6 years. I love cowriting. It's a great way to let others strengths make your song better. My songwriting process normally begins with me sitting at a piano. I express an emotion through playing what comes to mind and after I've established a melody, I then begin to hum and listen for the words that I feel correlate with that specific sound. After I've got the idea for where I think the song should go, I will contact other writers and setup a cowrite and finish it. But that is just one way. Sometimes I start with a phrase or thought and then sit at the piano. But my go to method generally begins with a sound first and then words. Here's an awesome songwriter personality test that helped me identify my strengths as a songwriter: https://krissynordhoff.com/test

What was the highlight for you in 2017?
Personal highlight of 2017 was a songwriting trip I took to Scotland with Brave Worship. It was an incredible journey and we wrote 17 songs in the 10 days we were there. We witnessed unparalleled beauty and connected with God in a new and powerful way.

What have you been working on recently? Can you give us a hint for whats to come in 2018?
I  have a couple songs that I've co-written releasing this summer: Clear the Way and When Heaven Fills the Room. I'm very excited about those songs! And then I plan to start work on my next single this fall! Hint: it has something to do with dreaming big. 
What do you like more: Performing live or recording in the studio?
Performing live! I love the interaction with the crowd and the atmosphere when you are singing together.

What are some artists/bands that you're into at the moment? Or any particular song you find yourself listening to over and over?
I'm a huge fan of Sleeping at Last! I listen to his music everyday. Its is genius and beautiful!
Any embarrassing on stage moments you'd like to share? C’mon, don’t be shy.
Haha...I really can't think of any...perhaps I've blocked them out? ;)

What's one thing people should know about you?
I'm on a journey to live out the dreams and passions God has put in my heart.

What do you enjoy doing outside of music? Does your hobby rejuvenate your creativity?
I enjoy painting and traveling. I love to see new places! It definitely creates more opportunities for creative ideas. 

Amanda Blankenship Links:
Website: amandablankenshipmusic.com
New Single: show.co/T09S84T
iTunes Direct Link: itunes.apple.com/us/album/something-beautiful-single/1383101092
Spotify: open.spotify.com/track/6FMf0gD8f1nYHbYi9A7og2?si=vNRtE1k2TgyGicsRgGTW6g
Youtube: youtube.com/channel/UC5lvJ8keqzouNneHS0ftiXw
Instagram: instagram.com/amandablankenshipmusic
Facebook: facebook.com/amandablankenshipmusic
Loop Community: loopcommunity.com/amanda-blankenship-music/something-beautiful
PraiseCharts: praisecharts.com/songs/details/71530/something-beautiful-sheet-music