April 19, 2018

Center Stage - B3ACH

We're pleased to introduce you to our newest Center Stage pick B3ACH An independent recording  artist from Hollywood CA. Her original sound blends 50's doo-wop, reggae, Hip-Hop and Experimental. She has spent many years trying to fit into a genre but has embraced that it's impossible to harness her writing versatility. B3ACH began at the age of 19 as an underground rapper and early in her career appeared in Spin Magazine and on World Star Hip Hop. 

She released several mixtape and albums "Weirdo Zone" "Maniac Voicebox 1 &2", "Memoirs of a Maniac", "Drama Queen Mixtape"  "Murder the She Wrote Mixtape" and "Americali". B3ACH also had a song placement on VH1 and was nominated at the Hollywood Music in Media Awards twice. In 2017 she scored an Independent film and released a self-titled album "B3ACH' on Soundcloud and is already finished with a new EP called "Perspective" releasing Fall '18. 

We enjoyed learning more from this artist in our recent Q&A feature. Get to know B3ACH for yourself below! 

Can you describe your sound in one ramble-on sentence?
B3ACH music is a lyrically driven melodically catchy futuristic retro sound.

What's your earliest music-related memory growing up?
My earliest music related memory growing up is my Dad playing guitar and singing Elvis songs to my mom, he taught me my first guitar chords even though he never knew the name of them!

If you were to cover another band/artist's album, which would you pick and why?
if I could cover any bands album, I would have to say I want to do "Make Yourself" by Incubus. The reason is that album really got me through teenage depression and I remember singing to it over and over again until my throat was hoarse. Every song on that album makes me feel some type a way.

Do you write/compose your own songs? Briefly describe your songwriting process
I do write and compose all my songs. I usually start my process sitting behind an instrument either keyboard or guitar and I allow anything to come out, then record a loop of it. I usually go melody first , but there has been times I start with drums first, or even lyrics. When lyrics are the element that want to come first I usually sing or rap them as I build a track around them. I write best in early mornings and late nights, it's also when I feel more connected to my music. 

What was the highlight for you in 2017? Either personally or for your music career?
In 2017 my highlight was scoring a indie film called Romeo/Juliet . It was an amazing process to see a movie take shape when I added with my eerie bass lines and piano riffs. It was a lot of hard work and time consuming but it was rewarding to see it and it stretched me as an artist. 

What have you been working on recently? Can you give us a hint for whats to come in 2018?

2018 holds a new show and of course new music, I am already done with an EP that will be release in Fall 2018, it's a different sound than I have put out previously but I really like the direction. 

What do you like more: Performing live or recording in the studio?
I thrive on the energy of a live audience and coming from a background in stage I perform well, but I must say I feel at home and way more comfortable when I'm in the studio. I wake up everyday to my home studio and I love recording and creating the most. Performing has it's rewards, but to me the creative process is where the magic lies. 

What are some artists/bands that you're into at the moment? Or any particular song you find yourself listening to over and over?
As of right now I am fangirling over Masego he is one of the best new artists I have ever heard and can't get his song "Nava out of my head. I also am really getting into FKJ, Sampha, Kamau and Lewis Del Mar. On a side note I never go a day without listening to Kendrick Lamar. He's the GOAT. 

Any embarrassing on stage moments you'd like to share? C’mon, don’t be shy.
oh I can for sure remember my most embarrassing moment on stage. At the club Aura in my hometown,  at the end of my set the audience wanted me to freestyle acapella and I was exhausted so I tried to do it but after I said  "YO........." that's all I could say then I just froze up just like B. Rabbit in 8 mile.(as a matter of a fact that became my nickname for a hot minute among friends)  it was terrible the fans in the audience embraced me but the new peeps at my show definitely didn't think I was the wave. 

What's one thing people should know about you?
I believe in the law of attraction and that we all have an element of magic and psychic-ness. I also believe that we have the ability to create and control our destiny and that if you want something bad enough and you work hard enough, it's only a matter of time before you achieve it. 

What do you enjoy doing outside of music? Does your hobby rejuvenate your creativity?
Outside of music I act in stage shows and Plays. I dabble in independent film projects with a director that is a friend of mine and I am always more than inspired when I am playing a role because I have to become a new person with a different perspective which opens up my mind and gets my creative juices flowing again.  

What do you like the most about Radio Airplay?
I think radio airplay is a great way to get your music heard and into the ears of new fans that you may have not been able to reach. I love the stats and reading the newsletter about upcoming  artists.