March 7, 2018

Center Stage - Allie Nicole


Meet Allie Nicole - A new country artist singer/songwriter. She's got glitter and glam and a down home spirit.  She has passion in her voice.  Her lyrics are heart-felt and from real life.  In the last year she released her first published original music  The Whiskey EP and a holiday song A Merry Christmas To Me.

Growing up in the San Francisco Bay area, Allie recently moved to Nashville to start a new chapter in her music career.  She got her start singing in church with solo performances at a young age. She consistently worked at her musical skills as she practiced for hours a day in choirs and school musicals and orchestras.  With all this Allie learned how music feeds the soul and speaks life to us.  She has nurtured the desire to communicate the many colors of music with others.  She engages with other musicians music and has a passion for others to engage with her own.

Get to know Allie a bit better in our latest Center Stage artist feature! 

Can you describe your sound in one ramble-on sentence?
Fun pop country that makes you want to dance, but authentic and honest and real to who I am.

What's your earliest music-related memory growing up?
I have a huge extended family, and around Christmas we’d all go to my grandparents house to help decorate their tree and sing carols. I loved sitting on the piano bench when I was little, listening to and watching my grandma play.

If you were to cover another band/artist's album, which would you pick and why?
I think I’d pick Dixie Chicks’ “Fly”. I had the CD when I was younger and I played it probably a million times. Every song on that album is amazing. I also love doing my own backup vocals, so recording all those harmonies would be so much fun!

Do you write/compose your own songs? Briefly describe your songwriting process
I do! Actually a lot of my songs start at really inconvenient times, like while I’m driving or as I’m about to fall asleep. I record them into voice memos on my phone, then go through them later and piece them together.

What was the highlight for you in 2017? Either personally or for your music career?
A big highlight for sure was moving to Nashville in October, both personally and for my music career. A 2,200 mile roadtrip from the San Francisco Bay Area to Nashville with my cat who thinks she’s a dog. T

What have you been working on recently? Can you give us a hint for what's to come in 2018?
I’m taking a masterclass right now put on by some awesome people in the music business that covers everything from music skills to marketing to recording tech. They have so much incredible insight into the business, and I’m super excited to implement these practices in 2018!

What do you like more: Performing live or recording in the studio?
Studio recording is definitely a lot of fun, but performing live is really the reason I want to spend my life making music. The energy in the room, the adrenaline, the audience; it’s unlike anything else in the world.

What are some artists/bands that you're into at the moment? Or any particular song you find yourself listening to over and over?
I’ve been totally obsessed with “Finesse” by Bruno Mars and Cardi B since the day it came out. Cardi is one of my favorite artists right now for sure. She’s the definition of hustle!

Any embarrassing on stage moments you'd like to share? C’mon, don’t be shy.
Last Christmas Eve I was singing in 3 consecutive services, and my ex-boyfriend decided to show up at the first one. I then cried through my entire soundcheck for the second service in front of about 75 people. It was sad at the time but I totally laugh at it now, being over said ex-boyfriend! ;)

What's one thing people should know about you?
I’m a huge football nerd, and die-hard 49ers fan, and I’ve been the commissioner of a few fantasy football leagues over the years. Took this past year off after making the mistake of starting a league full of people brand-new to fantasy in 2016. Trust me, that’s exhausting.

What do you enjoy doing outside of music? Does your hobby rejuvenate your creativity?
I’ve been training in martial arts for the past few years, and it totally changed my life! It's a great mental and physical challenge, and I’ve met some of my best friends through it. Training allows me to clear my mind so that I can be creative rather than focus on stress. And sometimes you just need to roundhouse kick a heavy bag :)

What do you like the most about Radio Airplay?

I like the new Song-Level Targeting. It’s really helpful to understand which songs of mine fit well with certain artists. Also, being able to really connect with fans is great.