February 15, 2018

Center Stage - Chaisley Lussier

Meet Chaisley Lussier , Radio Airplay's latest center stage artist.  She is killing the game with her fresh sound - a mix of classic R&B and modern production, smooth moody vocals and beats that will make your body move!

Chaisley Lussier is a multi-talented producer, songwriter, and singer from Philadelphia, currently calling Los Angeles home. Drawing inspiration from the days of easy listening, she writes heartbreaking and intimate styled R&B with a taste of classic rock and smooth jazz. A new wave of adult contemporary, her sensual voice and sincere lyrics recall hard lessons of love, loss, romance, and redemption that could only be captured by a woman who's truly experienced them and come back stronger.

Her dedication to her craft is as personal to her as the emotion in her words; the production and writing are all truly her own, as are the stories she tells through her music.



Can you describe your sound in one ramble-on sentence?
Intimate R&B with a taste of classic rock and smooth jazz.


What's your earliest music-related memory growing up?
I don’t there was any one experience. Music was more or less always a constant, from being surrounded by music growing up to being enrolled in dance at an early age. I always gravitated towards music, but it wasn’t until my early twenties that I realized I wanted to make a career of it. A lot of people thought I was crazy.


If you were to cover another band/artist's album, which would you pick and why?
I honestly don’t know. There are a lot of artists I look up to, but I think I’m focused on telling my own story at the moment. I do tend to resonate more with artists and albums that come from a similar place of hardships and heartbreak.  


Do you write/compose your own songs? Briefly describe your songwriting process.
Yes, I write as well as produce all of my own music. It’s definitely been an interesting journey as there aren’t many female producers. I think it made me more self reliant and determined when it comes to putting my records together. I generally start with some sort of chord progression and produce around that. If the words come easily to the feeling of the progressions I’ve come up with, I’ll progress from there and essentially build out the song from there. Lyrically, everything comes from a personal experience.


What was the highlight for you in 2017? Either personally or for your music career?
2017 marked two years since releasing new music. After overcoming a lot personally and professionally, I was just happy to finally be able to release new music. That was definitely both a personal as well as music-related highlight from the past year.


What have you been working on recently? Can you give us a hint for what's to come in 2018?
Definitely more music.


What do you like more: Performing live or recording in the studio?
That’s difficult to choose. I’d say both for their own reasons. The studio allows you to be creative, performing is giving life to what you created in the studio.


What are some artists/bands that you're into at the moment? Or any particular song you find yourself listening to over and over?
I listen to a lot of film scores and instrumental music…Carlos Santana, Jesse Cook, Acoustic Alchemy.


What's one thing people should know about you?
Anyone that knows me knows I am a complete recluse.


What do you enjoy doing outside of music? Does your hobby rejuvenate your creativity?
Anything in nature or outside, riding (horses). My mother is a painter, so I grew up painting as well. I think the goal is to find inspiration from everything that you do and try to use it in your work as best as you can.

What do you like the most about Radio Airplay?

The support of independent and up and coming artists.