August 6, 2015

Center Stage - Paul Sacco

We're very pleased to announce our latest Center Stage artist, Paul Sacco. Paul has been touching the hearts of our listeners with moving songs dedicated to his missing daughter Aubrey. 

Get to know more about Paul, his music, his story and his message:

Paul, a Colorado Lawyer and Judge from River Grove Ill, has been writing music, playing in bands and "basement recording" since 1963.  Driven by the loss of his 23 year old daughter who went missing in Nepal in 2010, Paul wrote and recorded the album "Finding Aubrey" which captures the essence of his hope and despair in the search for his lovely Aubrey. The album "Finding Aubrey" also contains songs written and sung by Aubrey recorded live just days before leaving for her fateful trip to Nepal. The album is sold to raise money for the family's continuing search in Nepal.

Describe your sound in one ramble-on sentence
My music is a blend of the philosophical sound of Pink Floyd, the poetic gentleness of Paul Simon and the "love" vibe of Mat Kearney sometimes mixed together with a raw rock edge.

What inspires you to make music?  
My 23yo daughter daughter Aubrey Disappeared in the Himalaya in 2010. We were very close and played music together.

What aspect of making music excites you the most right now? 
The prospect of getting Aubrey's message out to the world in order to raise awareness about her story and support for her search. She went missing in Nepal in 2010.

What are the biggest challenges you face as a musician? 
Struggling to play better and to better my skills at musical engineering and production.

What's one of your all-time favorite recordings? 
"The Other Side" from my Finding Aubrey CD  or "I Love You Always Forever" by Donna Lewis (if you are referring to the recordings of others)  I would always tell my daughter "I will love you forever" and played it to her when she was a little girl.

Name three people who have influenced your music
Pink Floyd, Paul Simon and Mat Kearney

Do you have any recent or upcoming projects you'd like to share with us? 
I have written 3 more songs that will be added to the "Finding Aubrey" Album, which is an ongoing project. I will keep adding songs until I find her. 

What is your ideal or target audience? 
People young and old that have seen the hard side of life, but are still optimistic and  positive.  i.e. people that live with "Grace"

Do you write/compose your own songs? 
Yes I write all of my songs except for 3 songs that Aubrey sings on the CD. 

Briefly describe your songwriting process
I write down thoughts and phrases every few days and come back to them to make song. Sometimes I string together the phrases from months or years ago. Other times I am inspired by certain notes or melodies that fall together when doodling on the piano or guitar and write the song right on the spot.

What do you like the most about Radio Airplay? 
Feedback from listeners that I may have inspired. They are sharing my joy and my pain and getting to know my lovely daughter Aubrey at the same time.

The following is a video of Aubrey playing the song "My Love is not a Movie" from the CD "Finding Aubrey" She is in India singing about a boyfriend that broke her heart. This was videoed by a friend at the beginning of her fateful trip to Nepal where she would eventually become lost. 




To learn more about Paul and Aubrey's story please visit: 

http://aubreysacco.com/MakeLove2Life/home.html

https://www.facebook.com/groups/122096637808141/