March 26, 2013

Airplay Band Of The Month - Promis


Meet our new Artist of The Month, Promis - A Chilean-born singer songwriter inspired by the troubadors of the world. His wide spectrum of music brings a unique new perspective to the 21st century. 


Describe your sound in one sentence
Internationally influenced singer/songwriter who writes story songs chronicling universal aspects of the human experience ranging in styles from cabaret to pop to electronic to mediterranean and more. 

What inspires you to make music?
I am inspired to make music because it is in my blood and affects everything I do. I grew up as a child watching early MTV, and also listening to my parents' music. We are from Chile, and in Chile a few decades ago people listened to music from Spain, France, Greece, Italy and so forth, as well as Latin America and the U.S., so I was raised with a very international spectrum of music. Music put a huge spell on me as a kid, and made all of the difficulties in life less difficult, so if I could do that to someone else, and put a spell like that on people, and in turn make life more magical, then I am doing my job. 

Name three people who have influenced your music, and tell us why- Living or dead.
1. My mother, who died two years ago, but got me into music and introduced me to a huge spectrum of artists. 2. My uncle Pedro, who died shortly before my mother, because he was the man who introduced my mother to music, and his spectrum was even wider. 3. Charles Aznavour, the Armenian/French singer/songwriter. He has shown me that one doesn't have to be a kid to be a musician, and if I could have a career that is even a tiny fraction of his, then I would be extremely happy. I was never the same after I discovered his music (thanks to my uncle), and his music gave me direction as an artist. 

How do you connect with fans and get them involved in your music?
I connect with fans because I reply to all of them when they write me. Also, I'm so under the radar that I appreciate very much when someone discovers my music. I always send out emails when I have a new video, or new album, or show. I am also very approachable during my shows. An artist can learn a lot from their fans.

What do you like the most about Radio Airplay?
I love Radio Airplay because it connects me with people all over the world who are very far away from where I live and perform.  People to whom I would otherwise have no access, and vice versa. It's been a great tool for me.

Do you have any recent or upcoming projects you'd like to share with us? Tell us about it.
I am now working on my seventh album, which I'm very excited about, I think it's my best! I'm also making "no budget" music videos about once a month. I'd also like to re-record some of my earlier material, and put out an album of my favorite cover songs and record it in different languages.

Website:   www.promismusic.com