August 25, 2021

SONG REVIEW 🎵📝 ATR - I Wish I Knew



radioairplay.com independent new music



ATR - I Wish I Knew
Rock, Punk Rock, Alternative Rock
Arizona, United States




Overall Impression: Arizona-based Rock band ATR has released their new song I Wish I Knew. Opening with pounding drums and crunchy guitars, I Wish I Knew instantly reveals a pop-punk sound with clear inspiration from the early 2000’s. The lead vocalist uses the verses to spill his heart onto the floor before picking up the pieces at a steady pace in the chorus. Lyrically, the tune focuses on lost love and regret but strategically avoids the realm of Emo/Screamo groups from the same era. Carefully placed bars of silence add a strong sense of anticipation while simultaneously allowing for personal reflection. Overall, I Wish I Knew by ATR is a pop-punk throwback that will bring even the most veteran listeners a sense of nostalgia


Strongest Point(s): The overall sound and mood created by I Wish I Knew instantly takes listeners back to a relatable moment in their own lives. Several pieces need to come together to make that happen, and I Wish I Knew has them in place.


Target Audience Appeal: Fans of punk and pop punk, especially early 2000’s pop punk, will dig I Wish I Knew by ATR.


Artist target suggestions: Blink 182, Newfound Glory, NOFX, MxPx, Alkaline Trio, Paramore, Yellowcard, Angels & Airwaves, +44, Green Day, Weezer

Interested in having your Song Reviewed by our Professional Staff? Head to your RadioAirplay.com dash and click Song Reviews under the Special Offers menu!


About the Reviewer:
Zachary Larson is a professional touring guitarist and multi-instrumentalist. Getting his start in high school rock bands, he has since toured internationally as a classical chamber musician, in the show band onboard luxury cruise lines, and with the broadway musical Finding Neverland. His recorded work spans from classical works and jazzy holiday tunes, to mind-bending experimental music. His arrangements of orchestral music are published through Clear Note Publications. Classically trained, he holds a Master of Music degree from the University of Denver