March 1, 2019

Artist Spotlight ★ Katie Belle ★ RadioAirplay Song Contest Winner!


Katie was a recent RadioAirplay.com Song Contest Winner!  Her newest single "WAS" is now getting some serious airplay on the Jango.com Top 100.

Katie enjoys the creativity of the entertainment industry. She takes the advice of her mentors seriously and has been encouraged to utilize her talents in singing, songwriting, modeling and acting. 

Music is a passion and her music style is a contemporary pop blend.  Her motto can be summarized as being in the entertainment industry is a multi-tasking journey, modeling acting, live performances work hand in hand to challenge her and mature her talents. Her music also fuels her love for travel and modeling assignments have added into the mix!! Miami, NYC, Nashville and her hometown of Atlanta can be found filling up her calendar! 

Instagram is her go to social media. Katie enjoys chatting with her friends and fans. This city girl books jobs in modeling and acting. The Atlanta movie scene is very active and several movies released in 2018 in which Katie has featured appearances.  Katie has graced the runways of NYFW, New Orleans Fashion Week, Miami Beach Fashion Week and more… She can be seen in the current MORPHE makeup campaign for “Fluidity” foundation launched Jan 2019. Local Atlanta designers and several NY designers utilize Katie as their fit model. Katie was featured this past spring in Modern Luxury Jezebel issue highlighted her dual career in music and modeling…. this all goes to Katie’s motto of “staying diverse and open minded” about opportunities in  the entertainment and fashion world. Katie is passionate about her songwriting and is a writer on all her originals. She looks to her life and those around her for inspiration. Her lyrics can be described as poetic, insightful, empowering, fun and energetic. 

Katie’s 2017 single release of her original, “American Wild” now has over 270k accumulative streams and over 260k official music video views. Katie will tell you it makes her heart beat fast to sing, share and encourage others to follow their dreams. Katie has logged many hours of stage time through her touring on the acclaimed ROYOL tour. This tour travels across the US presenting to High School and Middle School students a message about Teen Suicide Prevention and how to handle being bullied. Katie has traveled over 20 weeks during the 2015-16-17 seasons. Whether it's a crowd of 40 - or 2500 -, in front of a camera or on the set of a production; Katie shines from the "stage" with her passion and energy. 

Can you describe your sound in one ramble-on sentence? 
Born and raised in Georgia my sound has evolved since I first started songwriting at 12. Always country influenced but as my vocals have matured my groove has migrated to a more pop/r&b sound.

What's your earliest music-related memory growing up? 
My dad playing classic rock on the car radio: Allman Brothers, ZZ Top, Rolling Stones and my mom cleaning the house to jazz and chill vibe music…. I got to hear it all.

If you were to cover another band/artist's album, which would you pick and why?  
Oh geez….. choices choices…. Let’s start with a male singer: Ed Sheeran is high on the list, I perform many of his songs in my live setlist gigs. For a female singer, I am pretty high on Maren Morris right now and I also perform a lot of her songs at my gigs.

What is your favorite Ed Sheeran song to cover? Any reason?  
I love his song Photograph, I have my own collections of photographs, mainly of my family but also fun times with previous boyfriends and of course trips with my gal pals! I am a lyric junky and LOVE the lyrics to this song and the musical composition.

Do you write/compose your own songs?  
I do write all my own songs with various co-swriters. My longest relationship in songwriting is with my producer Kipp Williams, my last 4 single releases he is a co writer/producer on. 

Any advice you can give artists looking to be produced or co-write for the first time?  
I would highly encourage artist looking to songwrite and aspire to have those songs produced to seek out open mic nights in their area. You will meet local musicians and most assuredly get some opportunities to song write.  If you have a college in your area with a music program there are resources available as well with open evenings to join in songwriter rounds, meet a budding producer you could work with... networking as well can not be underestimated!!  Networking will expose you to videographers, photographers, graphic artists, PR people as well as develop friendships and a solid support system of fellow musicians. If your state or city has a music organization join it and go to the meetings!!

Briefly describe your songwriting process. 
In my mind I am songwriting every day, I think many musicians will tell you they carry around a book to write thoughts and words in that inspire them. I am on at least my tenth book filled with doodles, slogans , more doodles, and misc lyrics that often lead to fully written songs.

Does anything in particular inspire you to write? 
I am a very open person, I am very social and love networking, EVERYTHING inspires me! Friends,family,travel,work,the good the bad and the ugly

What get's your creative juices flowing?
 
Honestly going through something emotional can really get me in gear.

What has been a highlight for you in the past year?  (Either personally or for your music career.) 
As an independent artist I set goals. Last year I was able to release two fully produced singles along with an official music video for one of them. That might not sound like a lot but many many hours go into getting a song up and flying on its own. This year my goal is at least 5 song releases!!!!  Along with my music, I am a model and actor and I had some great things happen in those areas as well… 


Do you find it difficult to balance your music career with modeling/acting? Or does it all work itself out in this beast we call the entertainment business? 
Honestly, it all works out, I keep a very organized calendar. When my agent submits me for a modeling or acting opportunity I color code those, when jobs are confirmed I color code those. I have met many people with my modeling and acting who have gone on to book me to sing! I sing at alot of the fashion shows I walk in.  My newest music video was filmed by someone I met with my acting! Plus modeling and acting give me experiences so different from music it keeps things fresh and exciting and LOTS of ideas for songwriting.

What 's next? 
My team and I are using a single release strategy. 

Can you give us a hint for whats to come remainder of 2018 into 2019?
 
In 2019 I am aiming for at least 5 single releases/music videos… I am relatively unknown, but I can see my numbers bounce up and stay with each release I distribute.

What do you like more: Performing live or recording in the studio?  
I truly enjoy both, taking the songs I write and bringing them to life performing them, is cake with the icing on top!

What are some artists/bands that you're into at the moment? 
Growing up in Atlanta there is country, r&b and hiphop influence, I love Luke Bryan, I got to meet him recently in an audition I did (wink wink, airing in March ) I follow Post Malone, Migos, 6lack, GucciMane, listen to their lyrics, beats and tempos.

Any particular song you find yourself listening to over and over? 
On my playlist right now, Post Malone "Sunflower”, 6lack “Switch”, Arianna Grande "Breathin'” Billie Eilish “when the party's over”

Any embarrassing on stage moments you'd like to share? C’mon, don’t be shy. 
One of the first times I ever sang live with a full band I totally forgot to introduce them, the crowd started saying to me, introduce your band and I was like what? 

What's one thing people should know about you? 
I have a very tender heart.

What do you enjoy doing outside of music? 
I have an active modeling career, running parallel with my music, just did my first makeup campaign with Morphe makeup! I love to travel and I am definitely a beach person…  

So….. how do we like the new Morphe brush colab with Jeffree Star?! 
The launch of his brushes is currently SOLD OUT on the Morphe webstore, unbelievable... that tells it all. I have been using Morphe brushes for several years so this is not surprising at all and congrats to Jeffree Star!!!! My campaign with Morphe was for their product launch for new makeup foundation. I got to fly up to NYC for 2 days, it was sooooo much fun and you will find me at "Morphe FLUIDITY"  shade #F1.110. 

Does your hobby rejuvenate your creativity? 
Having hobbies, friends, reading, prayer time all help rejuvenate me.

If you had one message to give to your fans, what would it be? 
I love them and am very humbled by their support.


Katie's Links:
Spotify: KatieBelle
Snapchat: katiebelleakin