Tuesday, November 15

The Winners Of The Holiday Contest


First of all, what an incredible response from you guys! We were thrilled to see so many submissions and hear so many great holiday songs.

As you know, last week we increased the number winners to 10, with 200 artists included in our holiday station. However there were so many brilliant holiday songs in the top field we had to raise the number of winners again. The exclusive promotion package will now be awarded to 15 winners!


The 15 winning submissions were able to capture us with their lyrical & musical skills, which they all managed to blend into the Holiday season. Here are your 15 winners, all awarded 1,000 Play Credits each:


Ann Chaplin - Underneath the Christmas Tree

Anne Trenning - Silent Night II

Bruce Bergh Christmas - Christmas Time of the Year

Doug Ferony - It's Christmas

James Stewart - Boogie Woogie Christmas

Jeanette Harris - My Favorite Things

Jeff Rogers - Rockin Santa Claus

Jonny Blu - Holiday For Two

Kennedy Nöel - This Holiday

Lee Cameron - Santa's Song

LeNora Jaye - My Favorite Things

Lola Spriggs - One Wish

Michael Shoup - Angels We Have Heard On High

The Delivery Boys - You're All I Want For Christmas

The Hollyberries - (I Wanna Go) Surfin' with Santa!


The Top 200 bands will be featured in our special holiday station, tune in here!

Click here to see if you're one of the 200 winners

Not on the list? There is still ample opportunity to promote your seasonal music - hundreds and thousands of listeners tune into our holiday stations in December and they're filled with artists you can target. Here are some of the most popular artists featured in our holiday stations:

Frank Sinatra
Nat King Cole
Aretha Franklin
Bing Crosby
Mariah Carey
Christina Aguilera
Tony Bennett
Burl Ives
Henry Manchini
Stevie Wonder
Ringo Starr
Elvis Presley
Johnny Cash
Kenny Rogers
Taylor Swift
Willie Nelson
Martina McBride
Louis Armstrong
Eddie Higgins
Gene Autry
Ella Fitzgerald
Johnny Mathis
Michael Buble
Justin Bieber
Dean Martin
Brian McKnight
Celine Dion


Thank you all for taking part in the contest and for being Airplayers - happy holidays to you all!

/The Jango Airplay Team



18 comments:

Kalamazoo said...

Boo Hoo. What happened to "The Count and Henrietta?"

Janie Christensen said...

Thank you, Jango! Happy Holidays to all.

Rybak said...

Congradulations to the winners!
I was happy to make the top 200,
with Ring a ling Sleigh Ride.
And if you like Spanish Holiday music,
please check out my other song I did not submit,
Navidad y ano Nuevo.
Have a safe Holiday season.

Anonymous said...

Thank you Jango. So happy to be a part of your Holiday Station! Enjoy the Season with those you love! Lois Bretz. Silent Night

Judy Pancoast said...

Proud to be in the top 200 with "The House on Christmas Street! Watch the official video here:
http://youtu.be/J7uRl07K4H8

Lola Spriggs said...

SOOOOOO happy to be one of the top 15 selected artists. Honoured to be included with the elite of music history. Thank you Jango.

The Jellybeans said...

Thank you! We're proud to be in the top 200. We recorded 'Celebrate God's Love' last year while we were in the seventh grade. We've sung it in concert, at city hall and now here on Jango. It is our version of the Nativity and it is our privilege to share it with everyone.

Barry L. Chaplin said...

Thank you so much Jango, no where else in the world would even play my music because I am not 'known', you are brilliant and thank you for giving me a chance. I cannot believe that I am in the top 200!!! Have a wonderful Holiday Season. Barry L. Chaplin.

LeNora Jaye said...

So proud to be among the Top 15 winners! I typically don't enter contests so this is a lovely surprise! Congrats to the Top 200 and I look forward to hearing everyone's music!!

Sincerely, LeNora Jaye (www.lenorajaye.com)

Michael Shoup said...

Thanks Jango :)

This was a nice surprise!

Roger Smith said...

I'm confused or maybe you are. In your terms you state By providing any material to us, you certify: that you own or control the publishing rights to the material. And you stipulate that in order to enter the contest you must have a song playing on jango. Which by your own terms means no covers. Yet at leat 4 of the top 15 are covers. Two are of the same cover song, "My Favorite Things". Am I missing something here? Has anyone else noticed this discrepency? No I'm not bitter, I actually made the top 200. I would just like to know how you can judge an orginal song against a cover.

Anne Trenning said...

Really happy about the outcome!! Thanks Jango!! Happy Holidays to All!

Jennifer Vazquez said...

Congratulations to the top 15! I made it into the top 200 with "Holiday Cheer". Thanks Jango. Much appreciated!

Lee Cameron said...

Thank you so much jango , you have given me a great Christmas present. I will enjoy listening to the Christmas list.

Bruce Bergh said...

Thanks, Jango! The service works great, and the fans are really being added.

Claudia Mikail (songwriter) said...

Congrats to all the winners! So excited that my song "Christmas in NYC" is in the Top 200! Jango rocks!

Karen Stoffberg said...

Congratulations to all who made the top 200. There was only one "holy" Christmas song that made the top 15 winners list. And that was "Angels we have heard on High," The song I entered was a song called "Born the King of Kings" I only wish I could have won so Jesus would have gotten some airtime lol
Of course we all want to win, and I didnt, but other than the fact that the winning songs were all about the funzy wunzy part of Christmas rather than the true meaning of it, I really did enjoy the winner's songs. And I do love the funzy wunzy part of Christmas as much as the next guy <3 I truly hope next year that the judges will take into consideration that Christmas is the celebration of the birth of Jesus when they are listening to the lyrics.
Good Job and again congratulations!!! <3 Merry Christmas!!! Karen Stoffberg

Karen Stoffberg said...

Congratulations to all who made the top 200. I am truly happy for you Great job! My only criticism is that there was only one "holy" Christmas song that made the top 15 winners list. . And that was "Angels we have heard on High," My entry was a song entitled, "Born the King of Kings" I only wish I could have won so Jesus would have gotten some airtime lol
Of course we all want to win, and I didnt, but other than the fact that the winning songs were all about the funzy wunzy part of Christmas rather than the true meaning of it, I really did enjoy the winner's songs. And I do love the funzy wunzy part of Christmas as much as the next guy <3
I sincerely hope that the judges will take into consideration next year that Christmas is all about the birth of Jesus Christ when they are judging, especially the lyrics.
Good Job winners and again congratulations!!! <3 Merry Christmas!!! Karen Stoffberg