Monday, November 8

Jango Airplay Top 10

Here's the Top 10 for the week of November 1 - 7. Mariah Ver Hoef takes the top spot while For This Cause and Falconbrook hold tight at #s 2 & 3.

#1: Mariah Ver Hoef
A young singer-songwriter from Fairbanks, Alaska, Mariah writes about the isolation and shifting landscapes of growing up. 2010 will see the release of her third album in as many years.

Click to hear Mariah Ver Hoef:
Azure Sunshine
#2: For This Cause
For This Cause is a recently-formed alternative/post-hardcore band from Australia. They spent much of 2009 and 2010 on tour, pausing just long enough to release their debut EP this past February.

Click to hear For This Cause:
These Seasons
#3: Falconbrook
Falconbrook are a set of enigmatic post-rockers whose compositions are sprawling, but never dull. They keep their identities private and let the music speak for itself.

Click to hear Falconbrook:
Vistas
#4: The Melodramatics
The Melodramatics mix reggae, rock, dub and ska into an upbeat, energetic style all their own, bridging generation gaps and filling dance floors wherever they play.

Click to hear The Melodramatics:
Stargazing
#5: Ghettochild
Canadian MC Ghettochild is a hustler, in his flow and in his professional life. He's released the solo albums and opened for Nas, Ludacris, K-Os, and a bevy of others.

Click to hear Ghettochild:
One Move
#6: Mia Theodoratus
Mia Theodoratus plays harp with a lyrical passion, fluid technique and upbeat rhythmic style. Her prowess has lead to gigs with TV On The Radio & Fisher/Spooner, and she recently released her first solo album.

Click to hear Mia Theodoratus:
Parting Glass
#7: Charlie Barrett
Texas singer-songwriter Charlie Barrett is known for his deep, rich voice, sparkling acoustic guitar, and moving lyrics. A performer for over 20 years, Charlie recently released his second album and is working on a third.

Click to hear Charlie Barrett:
Looking Through Glass
#8: Reverse Order
Reverse Order is a pop-punk band from New Jersey who pride themselves on catchy lyrics & high energy performances. They've rocked the Warped Tour and opened for Peter Frampton.

Click to hear Reverse Order:
Wake Me Up
#9: Eastern Sunz
Eastern Sunz shed light on political and environmental issues unaddressed by most rap artists today. Over ten years, five albums, and multiple US and European tours, the group has promoted social change with thoughtful music.

Click to hear Eastern Sunz:
Corroded Utopia (Feat. Promoe)
#10: Haight-Ashbury
This Glasgow trio (brother/sister, lifelong best friend) is built on a foundation of close harmonies complemented by grungy guitar riffs, throbbing bass and percussive flourish. Definitely worth a listen.

Click to hear Haight-Ashbury:
Favourite Song

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

we love bustacrime and his fast records upcoming legende there no doubt

Anonymous said...

My pop score has dropped drastically over the past few weeks. For the first 3 months I was on jango my score was in the mid 80's to mid 90's every week.
The past 4 weeks I have been in the low 60's !?!?!?!? I have not changed my Songs or my demographics etc... I find it hard to believe that I could get consistant #'s for a song for 3 months and then all of a sudden the song tanks!?!?! I will give you an example I have one song that for every 50 paid plays I would get between 3 and 5 new fans... Now that same song , playing to the same demographic can get as few as 1 new fan per 50 paid plays !?!?!?!?1 that just doesn't make sense to me?

Anonymous said...

3 months is too long for any one song or group of songs...thats usually when it starts dying down..come out with a new song...

Anonymous said...

I've seen some unusual fluctuations with number of songs vs. fans recently, and I've been on Jango for a year. Not sure what could cause 250 songs to render 12-15 fans on one day and then zero fans the next... It's a major undertaking to manage 7 MM users and thousands of artists with the technology involved. I also notice I haven't had several emails returned when sent to ask why...

Anonymous said...

What a joke this site is, it is a complete fraud!!! they take money and do nothing, it is all fake numbers. We've had a song 'completed' for 9 days and still has not gone live, i guess jango knows about as much about time and a calendar as they do music.

Keith Moses said...

Jango radio could improve this site by showing the criteria being used to determine the rating. Just as number of new fans or Itunes/amazon /etc sales demonstrate popularity there must be relative criteria being used to determine the popularity of an artist or the success of a recording. Come on Jango, step it up.

Anonymous said...

I also sent jango an email about the crazy fluctuations and got NO RESPONSE!.... to the user above who posted that you got 12-15 fans one day for 250 plays and then Zero the next day?!?!?! that seems statistically impossible. I agree with you that some thing is "fishy". One other strange thing... do you all know that they play your Paid plays to folks who are already your "fans" (Jango if I am wrong about this chime in), why???? why am I paying for Jango to play another of my songs to a person who has already become a fan? One final thing Jango did not get back to me on..... I am a Jango listener as well as a Jango artists. this past week I was listening to a station and one of MY songs came on, well the player played my song but the player did not post my name, picture, and no Thumbs up or down?!??! The point is not that I want to vote for my own song , I want to play fair, BUT! WHY am I paying to hear my own song and not even getting to vote for it because the player is frozen. I have seen this happen quite often as a listener, where the player continues to play songs but freezes up the information so you don't know who or what you are listening to. I like Jango, But I have spent several hundred dollars and I want to make sure I am getting what I paid for! I tried to do this with a pirvate message but jango did not respond.

Dougy Mo said...

Artists need to exercise caution regarding the insinuations they are making about Jango. While I want Jango to improve on the service, I consider their airplay program to be quite productive and perhaps even accurate given the fickleness of the fans. You must remember that our new music is competing against established artists in whose company we have opted to be played. That means that the initial play may generate interest but that interest may not often overcome the fans familiarity with the established artists. By comparison, I have also used LastFM and have received sounder feedback from Jango because their targeting by country and age is more effective. Also, artists cannot only depend on online airplay. We must get our music on regular radio and continue to produce CDs for retail store marketing. This improves our visibility in the marketplace.