February 4, 2016

Center Stage - Kaspa


Meet our newest Center Stage artist, Kaspa. The hip hop artist was born & raised in Massachusetts, and has been writing and recording since he was a young teenager. 

He's been heavily influenced by the culture since his first N.W.A. cassette tape, and what was always a passionate hobby for him finally became an opportunity to put together a professional & mature project titled, "Found My Way." Found My Way is a very personal glimpse into his life filled with real life experiences. 

Get to know Kaspa and what he's got planned for his promising music career. 


Describe your sound in one ramble-on sentence
I'm not really sure how to describe my "sound" everything I write is a piece of who I am. It's a personal release for me to help get things of my chest. I pretty much use it for self therapy to be honest.

What inspires you to make music?
My past, my future, life in general I suppose. Sometimes I'll just hear an instrumental and have an immediate idea for a concept or just need some sort of release from things going on at the time.

What aspect of making music excites you the most right now?
I love getting a general idea for a song and just having it all come together. Something coming out just how, or even better, than you had anticipated. Awesome feeling!

What are the biggest challenges you face as a musician?
Probably to have to constantly come up with new ideas and not feeling like you're recycling or repeating yourself. Also trying to grow as an artist and feel like you are  constantly moving forward.

What's one of your all-time favorite recordings?
I'd have to probably go with "One of a Kind." Just because it's a great explanation of who I am. "Afraid of the Dark" is also a favorite as it's such a personal song.

Name three people who have influenced your music, and tell us why- Living or dead.
Both of my parents for sure! My father was very much into music and my mother always wanted me to find a way to open up. As far as other musicians, I've always loved story tellers and artists who just put it out there. Joe Budden, Em, Lupe ect...

Do you have any recent or upcoming projects you'd like to share with us? Tell us about it.
I do! I'm currently working on a second album entitled, "Everything I Am." I've tried a few new things on this project but I'll always stick to my own personal struggles and life stories. It's the reason I make music.

What is your ideal or target audience?
I don't think I have one. Anyone who wants to listen I guess! Haha. Anyone who can find it relatable.

Do you write/compose your own songs? Briefly describe your songwriting process
I do write all my own songs. Like I said it's like therapy for me and it can come pretty sporadically. I've pulled over into a parking lot before and written a whole song just because it was just flowing. Once I start a song I usually like to finish the whole thing. I like to keep the same mood. 

What do you like the most about Radio Airplay?
I like that it allows independent and small artist to be heard! And that people can do that free of charge! There's a very wide audience and it's awesome. I'm not looking to make money off what I do, I just want the chance for people to hear it. You give people that chance.