July 16, 2015

Center Stage - Logan Tudeen



Get to know our latest Center Stage artist and Radio Airplay's Summer Song Contest winner, Logan Tudeen!

Bouncing onto the national scene straight from America’s Heartland, Logan Tudeen’s twist on modern country adds a light and jubilant delivery to the formats offerings on her debut self-titled project. Under the production wing of Kent Wells (Dolly Parton), Logan’s debut captures both her gleeful spirit and relatable lyrics. Logan was also selected by CMA Close Up Magazine as a 2013 "Who New To Watch".




What was the inspiration behind writing and recording the winning Summer Contest song "High Times?"
High Times was co-written with Kent Wells in Nashville. Kent also played guitar on my EP and produced it. When we sat down to write it, I wanted an up-beat, carefree tune that reflected good times. It was important that both guys and girls could relate to it. Everyone goes through the same experience in high school to a certain degree. We look at that time in our lives as living in the moment and not having a care in the world. I love that about the song. It is a "turn your stereo up loud" kind of song that is perfect in the summer!

What are some of your favorite summer activities? Any exciting plans this summer for you?
I'm a Florida girl at heart. I was born there and lived in Tampa for many years before moving to the Midwest. I LOVE the water. Boating, swimming,  and any outdoor activity is what I am all about! I would go barefoot all the time if I could! This summer I am visiting family in Florida and continuing to write music.

Describe your sound in one ramble-on sentence
My sound is young, edgy, bluesy, with a wide range and basically a whole lot of sunshine with a little bit of hurricane and surprisingly have been compared to Dolly Parton's voice.

What inspires you to make music?
My inspiration to make music is listening to other artists. I've always loved music and ALL genres, including pop, rap, country, and broadway. There is nothing more motivating than appreciating the work and artistry of others.

What aspect of making music excites you the most right now?
The aspect of making music that excites me the most right now is recording. It is one thing to write and sing a song, but recording is different. It is hard work. The studio musicians are stellar and bring life to a song. Stretching your voice and taking it places that you didn't think was possible is kinda cool. 

What are the biggest challenges you face as a musician?
The biggest challenge that I face right now is getting my songs heard and played. It is always a struggle to get your music out there, especially to main stream radio stations, but it is nice to have online radio to help promote emerging artists like myself! I literally have fans from all over the world that have listened to my music and I really LOVE that!!

What's one of your all-time favorite recordings?
My all time favorite recording is Rascal Flatts "My wish". That band just makes the song seem effortless, and the vocals are great. There is nothing better than powerful lyrics and a fantastic voice to match.

Name three people who have influenced your music, and tell us why- Living or dead.
1) My parents: They have both encouraged me to pursue music because they know it makes me happy. They have supported me and will always be my biggest fans. When your parents believe in what you do, it makes it so much better.
2) Kent Wells, my producer, has had a  tremendous influence on me. He once told me that if I wanted to do this professionally, that I shouldn't have a "back-up plan". These words stuck with me.
3) My grandmother: My Nana has been singing to me since I've been born. She loves music and has a great voice. She is always encouraging and loves that I am following my dream. 

Do you have any recent or upcoming projects you'd like to share with us? Tell us about it.
I plan on doing some more co-writes this fall and record a couple more singles. I really enjoy getting out there on radio tours, and would like to do that as well. 

What is your ideal or target audience?
I don't have a particular target audience, but since I sing country-pop, most listeners prefer country music, however, people of all ages seem to be engaged which is so awesome.

Do you write/compose your own songs? Briefly describe your songwriting process.
I have co-written every song on my self-titled EP. I had the pleasure to write with some of Nashville's finest songwriters. I don't really consider myself a true song-writer but I am learning. It was important for me to be part of the writing process. Usually, I come with ideas and words and phrases that I have written down and the song writers expand on it. You learn so much from them.They are all brilliant at their craft. It is amazing how a song is brought to life. It is nice to have someone there with you when you are expressing your feelings. It is something that I want to continue to do. 

What do you like the most about Radio Airplay?
Radio Airplay has really opened doors for me. It allows for my music to be heard to people from all over the country and beyond. I have fans that have downloaded my tracks and like what they hear. Internet radio is where music is headed and I'm glad to be part of it. Getting your music heard to potentially millions of listeners is what every musician strives for. It is the best music promotion out there!