February 4, 2015

Center Stage - The Zen of Planets

get-attachment.aspx.jpegMeet our new Center Stage band, The Zen of Planets !

The Zen of Planets is a musician who still believes there a place for great lyrics and Rock. The Zen of Planets tries to show we are all connected through time, space and music.

Describe your sound:
My music has the of Cat Stevens with the intuition of CSNY,  Peter Gabriel & Phil Collins and heart of Moody Blues, Led Zeppelin & Yes, the songs I think, come from a person that I believe has lived many lifetimes and survived to write about it in song. The sounds help weave stories of one’s lifetime lived to the fullest with triumphs and failures all to learn the lessons of why were are all here.


What inspires you to make music?
I am inspired by man’s inhumanity to man, child and earth.  To awaken the soul of others before it is too late for us all.

What aspect of making music excites you the most right now?  
Playing in front of a live audience my music.  Something i have written that no one has heard before.  To touch someone's soul or to have my music resonate with them and touch them and maybe make people think.

What are the biggest challenges you face as a musician?  
Trying to get your music heard world wide and getting the music in the "right" hands

What's one of your all-time favorite recordings?  
Cat Stevens– Tea For The Tillerman

Name three people who have influenced your music, and tell us why.
Cat Stevens, his lyrics and voice have always touched me.  His  spirituality and his songs being so visual.   My mother, Barbara Kalish, she was an opera singer and started the long island lyric opera company where i spent many an evening working backstage and listening to the shows.  Peter Gabriel– another great story teller and wonderful voice. You know when the song is his.  

Do you have any recent or upcoming projects you'd like to share with us? Tell us about it.
THE ZEN OF PLANETS is my new CD that is just finalizing now– the music will touch your soul and make you look up again.  The CD is very timely as we are all lost at this time on this planet. I do believe it will make people think and remember how a song is supposed to touch you and take you somewhere else in your mind and soul.   We need the 60's music revolution again!!

A partial song list is as follows:
    1. MOTHER EARTH
    2. TIMELESS MIND
    3. PAST LIFE LOVERS
    4. JUST WHAT THEY SEEM
    5. AWAKEN
    6. I DO
    7. MAD MAN

What is your ideal or target audience?
The Baby Boomers, we are the target market. Actually the biggest forgotten target market on the planet that will go out and buy a CD and play it in our car. We will spend the money, but today's music lacks soul and the greats are no longer writing new music or getting it recorded.

Do you write your own songs? Briefly describe your songwriting process.  
I do write my own music and lyrics, when the mood hits me, or something touches my soul or I feel there is an injustice.

What do you like the most about Radio Airplay?  
My music is being heard all over the world, it is touching the souls of man and resonating.

"We Are All Connected By Time, Space And Music"  Namaste!
http://www.jango.com/music/The+Zen+of+Planets+Rock+?l=0