November 14, 2012

Airplay Band Of The Month - Chilla

Meet Chilla, a 16 year old singer from Indonesia who's latest music video has more than 2.3 million views on YouTube. She's got gigs lined up in Indonesia, an upcoming TV appearance and hopefully a US tour coming soon. Things are definitely looking up for Chilla, and we're happy to present her on Radio Airplay. Don't forget to check out her video below!

Describe Chilla's sound in one sentence.
Young, fun and positive with a lot of heart.

When was Chilla formed and where?
Chilla was formed 2009 in Indonesia after I was discovered as a songwriter & pianist who also sings very well. I began playing piano at the age of 7 and won many competitions, locally & internationally. Then when I was 11, I wrote my first song which got a great response, and at that point people knew I had a unique voice. I made many songs after, and at age 12 I came out with a Christian album in Indonesia.

Name two people who have influenced your music, and tell us why.
Katy Perry - her music is fun. Kelly Clarkson - her music is amazing and has a little bit of an edge to it. 

How do you connect with fans and get them involved in your music?
Twitter and Facebook! My twitter is @ChillaKiana and my Facebook page is itschilla. And of course through my website www.itschilla.com.

What do you like the most about Radio Airplay?
What I like the most is, of course, the fact that people who listen to big artists can also listen to Chilla. This feature makes it a lot easier for me to gain new fans and listeners!

Is there any recent project you'd like to share with us? Tell us about it.
Well, I recently launched my music videos (Jealous and Your Loneliest Hour) on VEVO and YouTube, and the music video for Your Loneliest Hour actually entered the top 3 on the VEVO charts when it was launched, with Justin Bieber and Carly Rae Jepsen, so that's pretty exciting! Watch it here:



Are you playing live and do you have any shows coming up soon?
Yes, I play live shows in Indonesia and I have some TV appearances coming up! I hope to play in the US soon!!


Get Chilla's latest single on iTunes

We'd like to thank Chilla for the interview and all of your for being part of Radio Airplay - stay tuned for more success stories & artist news.