Thursday, December 10

Targeting Success

We want to pause this week and share with you a technique that several artists have reported very good success with: super-targeting plays.

By engaging all the possible criteria available through Premium Targeting, these artists are able to get multiple plays of a song to the same person. Now exposure is great, but familiarity is even better. The first time a person hears a track they like, they may be willing to up-vote and comment, but by the second or third time they start wanting to buy, join a mailing list, etc. And if they don't like it, our system prevents it from being played to them again, so no wasted plays!


So head over to airplay.jango.com, and take a look at the Premium options available to you in the "Targeting" section. The functionality there can help you make your plays as effective as possible.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

www.7xmanagement.com... I guess hurdle is my artist song appears to be doing well all over, however, California seems to be the forerunner! I am struggling directing her the track to a particular target! Its been about 3.5 weeks or so and she has managed almost 200 fans! But I still believe I havent done something right to push this over the edge! Please help!

Anonymous said...

You need to start thinking about the song, if you only have one song your pushing you need to upload a couple of different style of songs to push! Everybody dont like the same style of music or the same sound or maybe its the music.Try different producers,just because you like it that dont mean others do!! When you record a song try it on freinds,neighbors and strangers before you put it in rotation!!!I wish i could hear the music!!Have a blessed Day!!

Brian Kachejian said...

Nothing feels better to an artsit,than when a person they dont know comments wonderfully about their music. Thanks
Brian

Anonymous said...

great to be here

Anonymous said...

I love you Jango people, but we need a way to pull seasonal songs out of rotation during non seasonal periods. Also we need a way to select target different songs to different audiences. It's a lot to ask but as JFK said ' we do these things because they are hard'.

Anonymous said...

I agree with the above. I have written a Christmas song which people really like and in time it should do really well. (Jingle Maria). However if it plays all year round it could really annoy my fans! If I request its removal after 12th night I can never upload it again. That can't be right. If we had a Christmas category that was automatically retired on 12th night to reappear again next Advent, that would solve the problem.

Anonymous said...

I seem to be doing very well all over the united states and abroad. However it isn't translating into sales be it CD or MP3's I just got a huge digital distribution and my music is available through my own site and other sites like www.amazon.com and itunes, rapsody. What do u suggest.

Jango Airplay said...

Hi Gang,

you can always e.mail airplay@jango.com and request to have a song disabled so it's not on your profile until we get you a button in your interface...

- Jango

Gig Pigs said...

Question.
Let's say I have targeting turned on with Canada as the only target.
Do my free rotations play in just Canada or do they still play all over?
Thanks